1) prepare better meals
2) utilize everything with less spoilage
3) prevent buying duplicate items
I find the best time for me to wipe down and organize my refrigerator is right before my big grocery shopping day so that I can see what I need to add to my ever growing grocery list. Keeping the refrigerator clean and organized will make it easier for your family to find what they are looking for. As well as maximize your food's shelf life.
It is important to have a system implemented with your refrigerator and to put things back in the same spots. Older items should be kept in the from, so that they can be used first, and newer items should be kept in the back. It is also important to keep the outside of the refrigerator clear and organized with limited paper. If you do have papers remove any outdated or unnecessary papers. Keep things of the top of the refrigerator and remember to wipe down the front and sides as well. You can put a basket on top to place lose items that your need to store there.
Here are a few suggestions that will help keep your refrigerator clean and organized for good.
1) place healthy items that you need to eat more of in the front and place the fatty foods in the back. By doing this it will ensure that you are eating healthier.
2) Keep a list of leftovers with the date that it was prepared.
3) Use clear, plastic handled baskets to contain loose items that constantly falling when you open the door
4) Use a drawer in the refrigerator to store bottled water. This keeps them from rolling around.
What are some helpful tips for organizing your refrigerator. Please leave them in the comments below!!